Sunday, June 10, 2012

Good things come to those that wait...

Please watch this:

Two Years

It is one of the sweetest most touching things I've seen in a while. So I'm just sitting here alone in my apartment soaking in my own pitiful tears. Gosh how I miss Chris. Some days, most days actually, it is so easy. He's so happy and I'm happy and time just flies. Then there are days like today, where I remember how many days there are left, rather than how many have passed. It seems like an eternity more and then he will finally be home. I cannot express my love for him enough. We've been through so much together. I've known him since I was eleven. Hardly more than a child. And I fell in love. You may think I'm foolish, irrational even, but I know. I know that he is for me. He has blessed my life in more ways than I thought I ever deserved. I am so grateful that he is out serving the Lord. He is blessing the lives of many more. The Lord has blessed me during this time as well. It has been so easy most of the time. In fact, my mother had a harder time with his absence than I did. I would start to talk about him and she would leave the room or just burst into tears. It was actually quite funny. I thought I was the unstable one. ;) His family was a great blessing during the first week he was gone. I spent more time over there without him there than I did with him. Haha it was actually a little funny. But their home has begun to feel like my own. I love his family so much. They are selfless, giving people that have invited me into their lives and made me feel like a part of them. They continue to love me and invite me over, contact me, send me his emails, and do more for me than I could have ever imagined. School has also kept me busy. I get caught up in all of the things going on in Rexburg, Idaho, which, I must admit, isn't much. But, even still, I keep myself busy. I'm so happy that he has this wonderful opportunity. I know he is growing, just as I am. I know he'll be back soon. Until then, I'll continue to press forward, trusting in the Lord. For all of you waiting for missionaries, Heavenly Father will make it easier on you. He will help you know what to do during this time. If you haven't figured it out already, I love Christopher Aaron Roisum. He is a wonderful young man. I hope that each of you find your "Chris" one day.
Love,
Haley

Just another summer day--2008

Summer 2011

Winter 2009

Fall 2009

Homecoming Royalty 2008

No comments:

Post a Comment